This one-dish salad is a combination of awesome flavours and textures and takes the word salad to another level.
Lunches need not be solely based on that ham sandwich! We love experimenting with herbs and convenient canned foods so don’t be afraid to put that can of lentils or beetroot to use. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15-30mins
- 300g skinless chicken sliced
- 1 can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 whole raw beetroot, or 1 tin baby beets, drained, diced
- 1 capsicum, finely diced
- 100g Feta crumbled
- Garnish: Mint pesto* or fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
Balsamic Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp runny honey (or heat until liquid)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
*Mint Pesto Ingredients:
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cashews
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp of lemon juice or more to flavour
- Mix dressing ingredients together
- Peel and cut the beetroot in to small cubes (to reduce cooking time) and coat in 1/3 of the dressing.
- Bake for 15-20min until soft. You can omit this step and add canned beets straight to the salad.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken and pour over 1/3 of the dressing, coating and cook in a frying pan until browned and cooked through
- Grind pesto ingredients together with a mortar & pestle or processor.
- Combine all ingredients including remaining dressing in a bowl.
- Garnish with extra mint and feta and serve.