Perfect for boosting winter immunity!
Loaded with seasonal vegetables, convenient canned chickpeas and jazzed up with warming anti-inflammatory spices, this curry or soup is perfect for a quick and immune-boosting meal. I made this as a curry and then diluted it with chicken stock to whizz up for a quick soup.
- 2 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 Tbsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 onion finely diced or leek sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp iodised salt
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2-3 cups chopped cauliflower, broccoli or cabbage
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (I used homemade tomato soup)
- 1-2 cans chickpeas
- 1 can coconut cream
- In a frying pan heat oil and mustard seeds until they start popping. Add onion, garlic, ginger and saute for 5 mins until soft.
- Add spices and stir well.
- Add vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut cream.
- Serve on rice, couscous or whizz up with extra chicken or vegetable stock for a hearty soup.