Colour up your diet with this yummy medley!
When it’s a little brrr outside let’s get our ovens cranking and load our bodies up on some nutrient-dense veggies. Seasonal vegetables can fluctuate in price point so I modify this recipe depending on what is available and how labour intensive I want to make it!
Why not try to aim for as many colours as you can. I encourage you to eat at least 16 different foods in a day…this salad will chop a good 10 off if you’re clever with herbs and veggies.
- 10 cups of cubed roast vegetables*.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Cook on trays in this order:
1) *Potatoes, parsnip, carrots, kumara, beets…take the longest (30-40min)
2) *Red onion, capsicum, courgette…take the shortest (15-20mins)
Meanwhile, cook Israeli couscous (or substitute for brown rice or quinoa). Takes ~12min.
Prepare the dressing
- 2 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 4 Tbsp sweet chilli or chilli jam
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 3 Tbsp water
Place all ingredients in saucepan and heat until bubbling and thickened (10min or so).
Combine all veggies, couscous, dressing. Toss through herbs such as fresh coriander, parsley, mint and chives, and feta, and enjoy hot or cold!