Flavour and texture are the two things that come to mind with this salad. Oh, and heart health! Crispy skinned salmon with melt in your mouth avocado and crispy nuts make for an awesome salad.
- ~250g salmon
- 2 handfuls Brocolli
- 1 Bok choy
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- handful toasted nuts (I used almonds and pistachios)
- Red onion, finely sliced
- Sesame oil
- Optional: Roasted carrot, potato, beetroot and onion.
- In a frying pan, cook the salmon (skin side down) until crispy, flip on each side to cook as desired.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot with a little bit of water to the boil and steam brocolli.
- Add bok choy to salmon for a few minutes to wilt and cook.
- In a bowl combine all other ingredients, and serve salmon on top.
I added some roast vegetables to the salad; simply diced and drizzled with oil, baked at 200deg for 20-30mins.