Rubix founders Kate and Toby have 4 little kids and they rather enjoy the challenge of creating tasty ‘adult’ recipes that are kid friendly. Here’s a version of Chicken Caesar salad that everyone loved! They really believe that tasty and nutritious recipes should include seasonal produce, be affordable and quick to prepare so there is more time to sit and enjoy together. We hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 2 adults, 4 kids + leftovers)
- 8 small Potatoes, scrubbed, skin on, and diced
- 4 rashers Bacon, diced
- 600g Chicken thighs/breast, diced
- bunch Asparagus (or other seasonal vegetable)
- 1 Red capsicum, finely diced
- 1/4 Lettuce, shredded
- Oil to fry
- Optional: 2 Bread rolls or equivalent, shredded. Coat with a little oil and garlic and grill in the oven until golden brown croutons.
- ½ cup Natural yoghurt
- ½ lemon
- ½ tsp each of grainy & dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in a saucepan until tender ~15mins. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile fry off bacon until crisp, set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper (plenty of it) and panfry until crisp and cooked through.
- Blanch asparagus for 2mins in pot of boiling water, or raw if preferred. Dice capsicum.
- Grill croutons if using.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Assemble salad by layering lettuce on bottom, sprinkle over other ingredients and drizzle with dressing.
- We opted to leave some of each ingredient on the side so kids could assemble theirs or choose from the made up version. It worked well!