Fill with crunch, flavour, and nutrition.
This such a yum salad, fill of colour, flavours and textures. Use whichever vegetables are in season or a selection that you know will be popular. The vegetable prep is a bit tedious and time consuming (I quadrupled this recipe for an event and there was a lot of chopping) but the outcome was worth it.
Roast Vegetables ingredients:
1-2 cup each of diced (a selection to make ~10cups)
- Red onion*
- Salt and pepper
- Dice vegetables and drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 220deg for 20*-40**mins until soft.
Note: Some vegetables will cook faster so keep those on 1 tray e.g. courgette, red onion, capsicum.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar e.g. apple cider, red wine
- 3 Tbsp grainy mustard
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp water
Heat a small pan with all ingredients and stir until bubbling and thickened. Pour over vegetables and mix through.
- 1 cup seed/nut mix e.g. pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, cashews, almonds etc. Dry toast in a frying pan until slightly browned and crispy.
- 1-2 cups diced herbs e.g. parsley, mint, chives, coriander etc.