A chewy, nutty salad full of flavour
We love hearty salads that are full of flavour, texture, colour and keep us sustained for ages. This recipe combines yummy memories of curried eggs with seasonal vegetables creating a chewy, nutty texture. Perfect for a quick dinner or leftover lunch.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder (or substitute for smoky paprika)
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup currants
- ½ small red onion
- 1 finely diced Capsicum
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup finely diced Spinach
- Boiled eggs (6-8),
Tip: swap eggs for canned tuna or salmon, smoked salmon, shredded chicken, stirfry beef, sliced ham, black beans, cottage cheese.
- Bring rice and water to the boil, cover and simmer for 25min until cooked.
- Bring eggs to the boil and cook until hard-boiled ~6-7mins.
- Meanwhile mix the oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic and curry powder together.
- Chop vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Tip: You can substitute the rice for wholemeal pasta or Israeli couscous.