Some nights we are short on time to prepare dinner or the kids are in the mood to pick items they like. In these cases I like to grab what I have on hand from each of the food groups e.g. carbohydrates = israeli couscous, protein = haloumi, eggs, bacon, vegetables = spinach and a healthy fat = walnuts, avocado (garnished).
- 2 cups dry israeli couscous (cooked according to packet directions)
- 3 cups spinach (half layered on bottom, half chopped and stirred through cooked couscous to wilt)
- bacon rashers, panfried and paper toweled dry to remove excess fat
- Haloumi, panfried
- Eggs, soft boiled
- Walnuts, toasted in a sprinkle of brown sugar and butter
- Avocado, diced for those who like it
- Cook israeli couscous.
- Meanwhile panfry bacon and haloumi.
- Put eggs on to boil for 4-5 mins in pot.
- Dice half the spinach.
- Panfry walnuts.
- Arrange on a platter and dig in.