This twist on an old favourite is not only high in protein and fibre, but also delicious!
Although this is a high protein, high fibre alternative to traditional brownie, remember that it is still high in energy and sugar due to the dates! Cut into small, bite-sized pieces to enjoy and use this recipe as a treat rather than an every day snack!
- 2x 420g cans lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups dates (soaked in 1/4 cup boiling water)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Granish with frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Soak dates.
- Blend lentils in a food processor until they are smooth.
- Add oil, baking soda, and cocoa and blend again.
- Add dates and water then blend until well combined.
- Stir walnuts and/or chocolate chips into mixture.
- Pour into a lined 25x25cm tin and sprinkle berries on top if desired!
- Bake until cooked and slightly gooey on the inside!
Recipe adapted from Mind Body Green